The Fender Mini Deluxe Amp is an affordable battery powered practice amp with 1 watt output. At a tiny 3'' by 4'' footprint it's very much a mini amp, yet it packs a surprising punch. Read on for all the specifications and customer reviewed pros and cons in our Fender Mini Deluxe Amp Review below.
Consistent Tone at any Volume
One of the most common problems that plague mini and micro guitar amps is their inability to hold their tone when the volume is increased. The reason for this problem is the size of the speaker. It's practically impossible for a tiny speaker to handle excess volume and maintain the same quality it displays when played on a lower setting.
The Fender Mini Deluxe however, handles this constraint better than most micro amps and holds it's own reasonably well despite its 2" speaker. Like all mini amps, if turned to ten things do start to break up a little.
Nice Looking & Well Built
One of the most common customer comments regarding the Fender Mini Deluxe is the build quality and slick appearance. Don't assume this means it's made from the same materials as more expensive Fender amps, it's still plastic as all mini amps generally are but it must be said that the Fender Mini Deluxe looks every bit as good as it sounds and doubles as a nice decorative piece for the home.
Features and Specifications
- Affordable practice amp at less than $40.00
- Compact size at only 3'' by 4'' which makes it suitable for any space.
- Consists of 1 power watt and 8 ohm single speaker.
- Works with 9v battery
- 8-10 hours battery life (*as claimed by manufacturer)
- Lack of independent power source
- Headphone jack included
Dimensions & Weight
- 11.4 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches
- 13.4 ounces
Most customers who have reviewed the Fender Mini Deluxe are surprised once the amp arrives due to its good looks and more importantly volume. While a small number of other buyers have had reservations regarding the ability for this amp to serve as anything more than a decorative piece.
Below are some of the most common pros and cons as written by reviewers who have purchased the amp.
- It's surprisingly loud for it's size, but it can also be quiet enough not to wake people up at night.
- It's fantastic for what it is, IS. It does EVERYTHING as advertised and does it very well.
- This amp cleans up really well, and does not have that one size fits all distortion sound that a lot of these little amps have.
- The quality of sound that comes out of this thing is absolutely incredible. I was completely blown away by the range and versatility of this tiny little Amp.
- So, for what you pay for this, yes, you get amplified but it's not real great quality.
- Sounds good sometimes... However, whenever I roll the volume on my guitar, this little thing FREAKS OUT!
The Fender Mini Deluxe Amp is portable at only 3'' by 4'' and affordable at a little less than $40.00. The battery life is claimed to be 8-10 hours which is exceptional but it has to be remembered this is only a 1 watt amplifier so there shouldn't be a huge amount of drain on the battery.
Realistically the sound quality is good but you have got to take into consideration the size of the amp. The volume and tone controls are only very basic but this isn't an amp you are going to take into the studio. Overall for a mini amp this serves it's purpose nicely.